- Trombone-playing Harry meets the love of his life, Julie, at the La Brea Tar Pits. Unfortunately for everyone, he intercepts a wrong number at a phone booth at 4:00 a.m., telling him that nuclear missiles have launched from South Dakota, with a retaliation expected in 70 minutes. Can he save Julie in the wee hours of the morn before Los Angeles is completely destroyed?
- The La Brea Tar Pits!
- Excellent snake necklace on Roger, the transvestite, in Johnny's.
- The coolly competent Lana confirming the launch codes, calling up Carl Sagan at 4:00 am, and evacuating Los Angeles
- The elderly couple, heading up to Canter's deli for a pastrami sandwich to see in the end of the world.
- A thoroughly depressing ending - I love it!
- "Third date, Harry, I'm going to screw your eyes blue."
- "We're going to Antarctica."
- "Condoms?! We won't be needing these. We're going to need to repopulate a whole planet." - the Beverly Hills chicks, packing for the South Pole