Director: Russell Mulcahy
Writer: Gregory Widen
Genre: Hack-em-up Fantasy
Conner MacLeod discovers he's immortal after being skewered on a Scottish battlefield by the evil Kurgan and not dying. Ramirez, another immortal with far too much time on his hands, decides to train MacLeod, despite the fact that he could have lopped off MacLeod's head and been that much closer to winning the Prize. The Kurgan takes umbrage, chops off Ramirez' head, and heads on over to New York City to find MacLeod and fight the final battle. Guess who wins?
- Oh sure. NOW there's a TV show, cartoon and breakfast cereal. But who could forget the film that started it all - the Russell Mulcahey masterpiece with immortals running around New York City hacking people's heads off all to the groovy Queen soundtrack? This was my favorite film for far too many years....
- Conner's apartment, complete with fish tank, spiral staircase and grand piano.
- The Kurgan, munching a fudgsicle while waiting for Brenda
- I love to think how pissed the Kurgan would have been if he had won the prize ("You mean I get to hear what people are thinking, have kids and die? NOOOO!!!!")
- Gregory Widen will later direct Clancy Brown in 1993's Tales from the Crypt: Episode 512: Half-Way Horrible