Director: Menahem Golan
Writer: Iris Recht
Genre: Biblical Musicals
In the distant future (1994), the music industry loves disco and Satan (Mr. Boogalow), not necessarily in that order. What's a good, clean folk music duo from Canada (Bibi and Alphi) to do? Find God and the hippies in the nearby park, of course.
- Come for Catherine Mary Stewart, stay for the disco numbers
- Loved Mr. Boogalow's enormous champagne coupe glass
- I'd like to think Cousin Kevin (from Tommy) ended up as Dandi
- Not sure why we're supposed to chose the hippies over the disco crowd
- If there's one thing I've learned from MST3K, be wary of Golan Globus
- There's the germ of an interesting idea in this film: a retelling of the Biblical fall from grace using the music industry. Unfortunately, the message is so muddled and unclear that I'm not surprised it seriously bombed at the box office. Great for a cheesy viewing - never pay any money for it, though.